Thursday, July 19, 2012

Style-Inspiration: METAL x Gyaru? (○゜ε^○)

Hello loveliess<3
First off, I want to thank everyone who had given me words of encouragement and strength from my last post. I really really appreciate it and makes me feel so lucky to have a nice group of followers I can turn to for help! Things have been going better now stress-wise and I've talked to my landlord, she says it'll be my first warning instead of eviction, which is good news!

Anyway, on to my topic of today.
Heres a confession. For years now, I love and am proud to be a metalhead! Yes, with crazy drumming, growls and pig squeals etc. ^^ Back in Hong Kong, the metal-scene is very minimum and not as popular at all. After years of hoping I can meet people who love metal as much as I do, I'm grateful to meet my boyfriend and his friends. Soo after a few consecutive weekends together, it inspired me to dig back my old style and enhance my love for metal :D Hence this photo with my fav Slayer hoodie \m/

Taken on instagram last week
What do you guys think? Mixing metal with gyaru. I use to have a darker style before due to my musical influence but now I've grown away from dressing like that and fully loving the sweeter pink girly side.
OLD PICTURE! I had pink hair back then :p and I think it was Halloween lol, I just dressed normally but my other two friends dressed up as "emos" XDD ohhh highschool .


Maybe it throws people off when I headbang to metal in a some pink floral-lace dress lol, i love it! From time to time, I do like dressing more rough and dark but even now, I don't really know how to explain this style..?
If it was a math equation, maybe it'll go something like this:
Sexy + Raw + Metal + Grunge = Metalhead girl ........... lol jk i'm just messing around ahaha. But I guess I love the stereotypical western sexy metalhead (NOT rock, ACDC, guns n roses, jrock or "rokku gyaru"-esque style ).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before I go, have a taste of my music!
I enjoy mostly death metal, brutal death metal and technical death metal. Also some occasional doom metal, progressive and thrash metal bands.

Here are some of my favorite songs from some of my favorite bands :D <3333
My Last.fm page is ponyvomit if anyone is interested ^^

Benighted - Slut

Abominable Putridity - Lack of Oxygen

Aborted - The Origin of Disease
Thanks for reading! xo
Catherine

35 comments:

  1. oh my gosh your so pretty it hurts me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for your comment Nikki c:

      Delete
  2. LOVED the outfits!!I can't explain how happy i'm to know that you love metal!! I'm a metalhead too, and i love when gals make metal look stylish! ( I'm styling my In Flames t-shirt for coordinates, but will be my first time trying to mix metal and gal). Most of the gals where a live think that gals should and only love ... k-pop and stuff, when i say i love metal some stay like " GTFO". DDD: Anywaysss, I saw Sayoko Ozaki wearing Slayer, ac/dc, gun's and roses t-shirts!The Happie Nuts july/2012 issue have pics of gals wearing rock/metal shirts. And Maiko did a cute outfit with an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt! LOVE IT! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I get how you feel once you found another metalhead XDD In Flames is sucha classic band :p I'm interested to see how you would style your outfit! And hahaha unfortunately I'm not a huge kpop fan.. but so what! It doesnt matter :) yupp I saw some of the pics you mentioned, it's great to see that there ARE inspirations out there ^^

      Delete
  3. Are you gonna let the sweet and pinky side of you go? o.o Nice blog by the way~.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not anytime soon XD I love both extreme sides but I have more passion to dress girly most of the time, but if not, I still have a good chunk of black in my wardrobe lol :p

      Delete
  4. I love metal too! Yay another metalhead! A lot of people wouldn't expect it either but I love the darker and grungy side of things since long ago. I like the first look more too btw, personally I like the frills and pink on others, not on myself :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! :D Yeah haha, alot of people wouldn't expect it either but I love the shock on their faces :p What do you listen to?

      Delete
  5. Reminds me a little bit of Sakurina. I think metal x gyaru is a great combo (and that's coming from someone who doesn't even like the first), I really love those outfits and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I've actually had a few people say my style kind of reminds them of Sakurina but I'm actually not much of her fan nor am I inspired by her o.o She's a great gal model though ofc XD But anyway, thank you so much for your comment ^^

      Delete
  6. I love metal and rock as well <3 People don't really expect that since my style is kind of girly and sweet but I think I'm going back to my more rockish style now haha^^
    And I absolutely love your outfits!*w*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean! It's fun to alternate between both styles :D You should post some rokkish outfits up, I'm interested to see what you come up with c:

      Delete
  7. I love the outfits ♥
    you're gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfits and your make-up! I think you pull off the style so well~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really flattered! :O thank you so much sweetie ^^

      Delete
  9. Thank you for following back *^* you are one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're so sweet! No problem c:

      Delete
  10. You mixed metal metal and gyaru together so well!! You look so pretty!!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first one!
    It's so cute <3
    But the second one is too hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! Awesome! <3 I love your outfits :) ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool style :) i'm a girly girl, and i love rock and roll! hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfits! I also really like the idea of mixing cute and "rougher" ideas together. Like, I myself am in love with the sweet yet gothic fashion. The contrast makes it all the moere interesting I believe! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess I love the concept of mixing two extremes too :D It's really interesting in finding the balance. Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  15. Ahhh, it seems similar to rokku gyaru! You do it so well! ; U;

    ReplyDelete
  16. Remind me of Sakurina, but yours is more metal. You did it well <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look sooo cool <3
    now that i know what kind of music you like, you're even cooler!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your style is amazing! You are so pretty!

    http://www.kamiarmy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Metal X Gyaru!

    Perfect!

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really late, however I just found this!
    I am actually a metal guitarist and have been since the 6th grade. I am 27 now and am in two projects. One is a melodic viking death metal band and my other is an all female 80's heavy metal project. I have been a metalhead since I was young and never grew out because it has always been and will forever be my passion. I however LOVE gyaru! I have tried it a few times but haven't jumped in yet. I always had the style but never knew it was an actual thing! Learning about it for the past 5 years has really opened my eyes to the fact that this is something which not only already fits me but really puts a smile on my face. I think girls like you give me the courage to just let things be and jump in head first, knowing that there are other lovely girls who are badass and know how to have fun! I think this mixing of metal and Gyaru is the way to go and honestly so very lovely! Gyaru is supposed to be eye opening, different, shocking and mostly FUN! Over the years I have seen a trend in that slowly losing it's self. I think gals like you however really breath life into it! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...