Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gojira Last Weekend ((( ;꒪Д꒪))) \m/

Hi lovelies, how was your weekend?
Mine was absolutely amazing.

Last weekend = Huge house party + Gojira night + Alcohol recovery in Downtown

On Friday, I met up with bf after class to go to Moe's place for house party because he has a keg of Cariboo. Most of the parties with these guys ends up as a videogame/sausage fest lol so I didn't know what to expect. Surprisingly A LOOOOOT of people turned up. Literally had to squeeze past people to walk! There was a lot of people from my old dorm so it was nice to see so many familiar faces. Normally, while everyone's having a good time, I would get so awkward and quiet around people I don't know that I end up playing on my phone wishing the night will pass quickly or do useless things like drinking out of boredom, reapplying makeup or unnecessary cig breaks lol. But it was a good night, I felt more comfortable with "the bros/guys".


Saturday was big!! Gojira, a french death metal band, played at the Vogue Theatre in Downtown. I got to see them with my bf, Jordo, Chase and Mitch. Can I just say, how flipping awesome those few hours was?!? The show was sold out and it was packed with people! It started out with Devin Townsend Project as the opening band. Not really my taste, very "epic" and soft.
My last order from DreamV! I was deciding on the red or black but I'm glad I got the black now :) I really like white text on black. It fits me so well it creates great detailing around the bust when you zip it up
This is what I wore to the show. I'm really loving how DreamV stays ontop of upcoming trends like oraora. I love the oraora look as they are pretty similar to my darker style: Raw, black and simple, with some sexy glamourous and tons of badass!
You can see my Bloodbath tank peaking through! Didn't particularly liked my makeup that day though :/
During intermission, the guys were discussing where to "keep me safe" while they're gone in the mosh pit lol. They were deciding whether to take turns moshing -__- or make me sit by Chase's dad (he's a huge metal fan, for decades LOL pretty cool he also wanted to see Gojira). I told them I don't need to be babysit and they should enjoy themselves! I didn't feel "unsafe", actually I was pretty comfortable by myself if the guys went to mosh but it's pretty adorable having the guys fuss about it :p Especially Jordo is super protective! He's like an older brother I always wish I had haha. We were chatting in a group, and he'd stand behind me to block some other guys who were checking me out. 
 
Anyway Gojira played with a dozen amps and a kickass godly drumset. Oh my glob. Everything was perfect. The guys went straight to moshing and I ended up having to hold their sweaty t-shirts haha. But in the end I managed to shuffle to the front row!! They played a few extra songs and even stage dived into the crowd at the end :D Such a good connection between the fans and the band!
They snapped this photo at the end before jumping into the crowds :'D
After the show we went to Omar's place at the frat house. Mostly because the guys wanted to drink and the frats ALWAYS have a keg or two lying around like a water fountain lol. We met up with a few more friends, smoked and chilled, everyone was already out of it before we got there lol. I met Omar's new roommate called Nick! He's from Hong Kong too and knows a few of my highschool friends ^^ It was pretty cool we talked a lot. In the meanwhile, the guys were doing keg stands and chugging semi-flat beer haha.

On the way home, the guys were on chaos mode LOL. Popping balloons and flipping signs, doing front flips and hurting themselves, Jordo piggybacked me and chased after Sergei, Chase recording the whole thing hahaha we are kids at heart. We got home and more shit went down. My roommate wasn't happy at all ugh. We all just wanted to get home, pass out and sleep, no fuss at all because we were all so so tired, it's like 5am! But she's really uptight with guest rules and almost wanted to kick them out of our apartment. Heck I don't mind if they all cram in my small room instead of our living room just to make her happy, but I am definitely not going to kick them out. When she came to complain to me I could see in my bf's face he wanted to bitchslap her so bad lol I wouldn't blame him. When I woke up she texted me she's gone out for lunch but by the time she comes back, she "expect them to be gone". Sigh >.> I guess we're ok now but so much tension the days after. Ugh whatever :S

So before Jordo and Chase went back home we went to eat at Ukrainian Village in Downtown. Basically just Ukrainian/Russian homemade-style food. It was okay, pretty much what my bf's grandma cooks when I visit his place lol. I ordered perogies, sausages and dessert Russian Napoleon Cake. IT WAS SO GOOOOOD. Hands down best Napoleon Cake I've ever had. Okay.

I loved it.
Catherine

22 comments:

  1. You are so pretty! And I think your makeup looked great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I thought it looked kinda messy/scary at the end of the night lol

      Delete
  2. I didnt read everything haha but i saw it was fuuuuunn and you looking sexy guuuwwwhll! Actually i like this style on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it's okay, I think I got a little bit excited by the free time i had writing this :p
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Who can be so pretty like you ?! You look absolutely beautiful and sexy !! The gig looks really cool, it has been way too long time when was my last time to go for some gig..u_u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sweetie ;__; I'm really flattered thank you! I have so much more gigs coming up soo excited hehee. You should go sometime! It's different and good music :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, Jordo is so adorable x3 You're so lucky to have such a nice friend. I have yet to see a concert ^^

    ~Rei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is amazing <3 ^^ Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  5. You're so cool >w<
    Glad you had funnnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so pretty >__<
    can we follow each other? :D
    i promise i'll follow back
    glad visit here

    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a new follower of yours now :D

      Delete
  7. great post *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glas if you visit my blog, too<3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it sounds like a great weekend to me!! and you're absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had a great time ^^ Thank you!

      Delete
  9. WOW!! LOoks like you had loads of fun!!~
    I'm a huge metal fan myself!! Awesome pictures! :)
    What other metal bands do you listen to?

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool :) Thanks for leaving a comment! I'm following you now ^^
      My absolute favorite band is Benighted, others include Aborted, Bloodbath, Decapitated and Gorod. You can see more of what I listen to here http://www.last.fm/user/ponyvomit :D

      Delete
  10. You're welcome! It's my pleasure!!
    I'm more into speed metal, although I do listen to death metal as well.
    Some of the bands I listen to include Gammaray, Helloween, Judas Priest, Sabaton, Iced Earth, Nightwish & Ironmaiden! :)
    I'm pleased to have made your acquaintance! :)

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...