Thursday, February 7, 2013

[♥ REVIEW ♥] Kimchi Viva Blue Lens(○゜ε^○)

Hello ♪ How is everyone doing?
Today I'll be reviewing the Kimchi Viva Blue circle lens I bought from lensvillage!
I haven't camwhored with my camera for so long it felt so awkward taking selfies lol, like I forgot how to smile and which angles make me less derp :s

KIMCHI VIVA BLUE Circle Lens
Get them HERE from lensvillage.com

Information:
Price: $19.00 USD
Diameter: 16mm
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Water Content: 55%
Life Span: 1 Year
Power Range: -0.00 to -8.50

Color/Design [☆]: Meh, it's okay. I bought these lenses thinking it'd be more vibrant and blue. Sadly, the color of the lens is a true deep blue, fairly dark as like most blue lenses. It does produce a halo effect because of the big diameter which I like. However, theres not a lot of the blue color covering my eyes, and the limbal ring is pretty thick so it's hard to see the color far away. The design is simple and blends well into my eyes. It works I guess but nothing really special. It does create a reflective/glass-eye effect under certain lighting. I'd like it more if it was lighter and bluer though.

Enlargement [★]: I mainly like these lenses for enlargement effect. It has a thick limbal ring and a fairly dark blue color, creating biig dolly eyes. Plus it is 16mm! The best thing is it doesn't look too unnatural/alien-like even with minimal makeup.

Comfort []: Given it has a 55% water content, my eyes are still hopeless ;___; Sometimes one eye would hurt while the other feels fine. I can last around 4-5 hours with eyedrops before I feel the need to give up and go back to glasses lol. More than 5 hours, it can get uncomfortable (but not impossible! Reason why my eyes are dying lol). In my opinion the comfort for these lenses are average, basically what you would expect from wearing circle lens -- never perfectly comfortable but not necessary unbearable.

Overall [☆]: I normally wear these lens when I want big dolly eyes. They are very wearable and natural for their color and size! However, it doesn't give you the true blue eyes I was hoping for, more of a dull darker blue (my eyes are really dark, almost black). I do like them though, mainly for enlargement and naturalness, but I'm sure there are better lenses out there for blue dolly eyes.

I'd recommend these lenses for people looking for daily blue lenses with enlarging effect.
Thanks for reading xoxo
Catherine

50 comments:

  1. It's hard to find a blue lens with the right shade! I haven't tried many but I know I still want one that's bright enough but not too eerie x .x

    These look good on you though :] I do like the "stained-glass" effect you were talking about. It looks nice and the lens are HUGE! I don't think I've ever tried a true 16mm lens. I'd like to see that on myself x] Maybe I'll actually get a halo for once xD

    And your hair bows are so fecking cute ; ____; <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've only tried a few blue lenses but they arent as light colored. And thanks! Haha larger lenses do get uncomfortable but makes a huge difference! You'd look amazing in bigger lenses! It's just finding the balance in makeup ^^

      Delete
  2. The lenses don't look too appealing on the promo picture but daaa-amn do they look great on you! I might get myself the same pair perhaps..! Your eyes look so mysterious with those lenses. And you're pretty as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh ahaha now that I think of it the reason I got them was because Viva blue kind of sounded vibrant blue to me lol. But it's not bad overall. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty lenses! They match your hair :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the blue~

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue lenses suit you sooooo well! I really love how you do your eyemakeup. It's amaaaazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww you're so pretty <3
    And I love your dress<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! thanks for review! They look really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! And when you see the blue color through the halo <3 And you are such a doll! Love your makeup ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well thank god it's big, without the halo the blue might not even stand out! Thank you sweetiee <3

      Delete
  9. great review! your eyes is very lovely. the contacts looks good on you :))
    visit my blog too dear?

    xoxo,
    Rae \(^o^)/
    Raellarina - The Ballerina on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really georgeus review I love you makeup.

    xoxo

    http://www.sakuranko.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're so cute >.<
    love your hair ^^

    new follower :)
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goodness. you look like a living doll! so glad i found your blog. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are really *bright* blue :3 Awesome look :3
    x, Lara
    http://rrv12.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nahh ;^; the lens arent that bright. but thanks!

      Delete
  14. The blue lenses look really good on you! :D

    Celyx Lim
    http://celyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute <3
    i'm really love your makeup

    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are incredible! Your blog is so lovely!

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohh your super pretty!! I love your hair and that blue looks beautiful on you!!

    I Follow you now by the way!
    If you have time could you check out/ follow my blog too?
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in love with these lenses!!*-*
    You are so beautiful!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Catherine ^^ thanks so much for following my blog, i absolutely love yours, following you ~

    you are so pretty, those lenses look great on you :)

    torukogyaru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thank you for following back sweetie! <33

      Delete
  20. The pictures your took as really nice *-*
    Saw this post through tumblr ! I am so happy that I found you because I love the pictures you took and your review !
    You are seriously so pretty!!!
    I actually hated this design before but after seeing your pictures I am curious now xD

    http://darkyberryish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha thanks for stopping by~
      The design is very typical :p but they are safe to wear if you're afraid of crazy designs XD

      Delete
  21. They look good on you, so pretty !

    http://mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful lenses! You look like a barbie doll♥ so pretty!

    thepanpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so cute! These contacts look really lovely on you and I love the way you did your make-up (on a side note, thank you for following my blog!) ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet hehe, thank you for following back! <3

      Delete
  24. Oh sweetie your looks like a lovely doll.

    xoxo

    http://www.sakuranko.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post!

    nekodolll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Red blue green yellow...they'll all look great on you!
    Haha!! It's been awhile, how've you been?
    Anyway's you look really pretty here!!~
    ...and have a great weekend!

    Peace out!! :)

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you kind sir XD
      School and unpredictable weekends~ haha I hope you're doing well! ^^

      Delete
  27. I like your dress or sweater (I don't know what is this) <3 <3 <3 Is this from LL?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...