Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cook With Me! ☆ Easy 2 Ingredient Cake ヾ(*^ワ^*)ノ

Hi everyone! Today I will share how to make:
❤ Nutella Cookies n' Cream Cake Tart 
After showing my cousins this video last night, he suggested we make today! We improvised with what we have and followed the simple 2 ingredient recipe for this yummy cake ^3^
I'm actually quite bad at cooking but I have a nature for baking lol :p Plus it's so fun and that aroma coming from the oven when it's ready just melts me inside. I love baking for people but unfortunately, many people I know aren't that crazy with sweets (unlike me)... so most of the time I just end up eating it all by myself lol :(

But I always bake when I visit Toronto because my cousins will literally eat anything! So with the help of my little baking assistants, let's start baking!

Ingredients:
❥ 3 eggs
❥ Approx. 165g of any chocolate

(we used Hershey Cookies n' Cream with a scoop of nutella)
1. Separate the egg white and egg yolk. Let the egg white chill in the fridge until ready for use 
(helps stabilize the egg white)
2. Break the chocolate in a bowl. Then boil hot water in a pot and place the bowl on top to melt the chocolate.
 3. Stir and melt until smooth.
 4. Add a scoop of nutella.
5. When melted, place bowl aside to cool down.
6. Whip the egg white until stiff peaks.
7. When cooled, beat the egg yolk in bowl until smooth.
 8. Add the whipped egg whites to the bowl 1/3 at a time.
9. Pour in cake pan and bake! 170C for 30-40 minutes.
Ding! It's done!
Decorate it!
Taste Test
Crunchy on the outside, fudgy and chewy on the inside! 
And the little chocolate crunches adds an extra texture to it.
It's like a tart/pie with the middle sunken down after baking.
Not too big and not too small, but be careful not to eat the entire thing yourself!
I hope you enjoy this recipe :) If you tried it let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading xoxo
Catherine

21 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and so easy to make *o* :D I will defenitely try this recepi soon!

    http://whenblossomsbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be a nice self-made birthday cake (just add some candles ^_^=), ...but it's Sunday here, all the shops are closed and we don't have any chocolate here °°(>.<)°°!!!

    XOXO
    Vernissage ♥ Cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel!
    I LOVE baking too but once again I'm the only one to eat because I'm crazy about sweets :(

    It looks like those yummy pictures you always find on tumblr and always want to eat!
    I'm not a big fan of Hershey's though, the thought of the taste kinda ruins it for me but I guess I could try with some other brand ^o^
    Do you think milk chocolate would be too chocolate'y?

    Lucy Hart <3
    lucythehart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yeah haha! That's why I don't want to invest anymore in baking ingredients when I'm the only one eating them :(
      And thank you! I think it'll be fine since in the video, she used milk chocolate too. But I think any chocolate that you like would taste amazing anyway ^^

      Delete
  4. AWESOME! Thank you for making this post *^* Gotta try this out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! I'm more of a stove cooker than baker so if I had to make an attempt to bake anything this would be it! Looks too good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I hope you'd try it! It's very easy :D

      Delete
  6. Omggg that looks so delicious *_*

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh looks so good! i love baking haha, I was also planning to bake coco chanel- cake for my bday..:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wish you luck! And happy early birthday <3

      Delete
  8. Oh, this looks so good. >w< ♥
    I think I'll try it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really delicious! I'm actually not very good at cooking or baking, but I think I could make this work as there are so few ingredients lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good and easy! I'm going to try it (a yummy snack during lectures?!) :D

    You know it's completely opposite with my family/friends, if I even look away for a second the sweets are going to be all gone! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ~ you have an award in my blog: http://floweromii.blogspot.com/2013/08/award-magical-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh god Nutella is godly on anything, this looks so good *Q*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...