Sunday, August 4, 2013

Throwback! ☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

Wow it's almost been 2 years since I've officially started gyaru.  
I was cleaning my laptop the other day and came across this photobooth picture! Haha oh my gosh. This was taken last summer and it really made me think about my "journey" in the past few years lol.

I don't want to go into details but a lot had happened in these few years. I was a mess before, mentally and physically. I felt like I was constantly drowning.

Fast forward now, I feel that I've grown a lot, learned more about myself, have more confidence in who I am and can slowly cope with what life throws at me (somehow). Although it would be a lie to say I'm no longer struggling, because I still mess up, I still struggle to love myself and I still breakdown to my anxieties/insecurities. But I just don't feel so disorientated at the purpose of life anymore. 

But that's not why I'm rambling writing this post. One major issue I had before was my attitude towards myself, I am was a bitter person to myself. So I must admit, I am grateful to have found the gyaru style because it (and along with other things/experiences/changes) really helped my confidence, self-esteem and myself as a person. But it wasn't just the appearance or aesthetic of the style; It was like discovering a passion. It makes me happy the more I pursue it. And as superficial as it may sound, I want to look better and keep improving because it's fun and surprisingly, I enjoy the challenge of it. 

Anyway, in the picture I've been doing gyaru for roughly a year? Something like that. I think it was one of my better attempts in that year. Oh and I must say, straight eyebrows and side fringe makes me look so different haha.

Um okay, I don't really know where this post is heading so I'm gonna leave it there. 

This got deeper than I expected lol. Oh well, it's been a while since my last personal post.

Catherine

20 comments:

  1. You look so adorable with straight brows! <3 I wish I could get straight brows. I'm doomed to have an arch forever D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I kinda miss it :P but i think you look good with arched eyebrows! You're cute already ^^

      Delete
  2. awwww you look so adorable in here! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so cute *__* ♡ and I'm really happy you feel a lot better after many trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *_* You look so adorable. This hairstyle really suits you!! And brows too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we get older, we become more confident in who we are. Keep going! ^__^ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree more, I'm still learning but one step at a time :) thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  6. You look great in that pic and I can totally relate to the feeling of growing up and gaining confidence in yourself etc. Keep at it because you're a pretty lady and you should definitely know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love! Yes I guess everyone goes through that stage at one point. I hope you are feeling better too :)

      Delete
  7. Don't feel superficial because you want to look better. I think people underestimate the time and energy we put into things they perceive as "just superficial" - well, of course it's about looks, it's an aesthetic! But it's not easy and in that way it's not superficial at all, actually very deep.

    I truly hope you keep feeling better about yourself, little by little, one step at a time :) You should feel proud! Chin up!

    -Abi from Kiwivanilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's true, I agree! It's more than just looking good, it actually means something to me. Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  8. In my opinion you looked beautiful in this picture and it shows that in 1 year, you have progressed a lot!~ I'm glad that the gyaru fashion has helped you become a confident person and you're enjoying it ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :D Im also grateful to be able to interact with so many people interested in the style too!

      Delete
  9. Aww you looked great doing the gyaru style! It took me too long to get to a good point in mine lol but I can relate with your growth while still battling with current anxieties and insecurities. I think more people deal with the same thing that we think which is nice to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cutie >3<
      I feel like I've overcame and crossed over to the brighter side, although everyone falls back down sometimes. Yeah I think this is all part of growing up :) And it's not an easy task either so I'm proud of myself. You should be too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...