Saturday, August 22, 2015

Graduation Milestone

Hi everybody,
Summer is almost over aww! Currently I'm in Hong Kong and will be visiting Tokyo in a few days! These few months had been so eventful and I'm so grateful for everything! After my last finals in May, a best friend of mine came to visit for few weeks and attend my graduation. My parents also came for my graduation and afterwards, we all went to a cruise to Alaska! In return, me and my boyfriend flew to Toronto to attend my friend's graduation! I have a lot to update but I will start from the beginning of this summer. This will be a quick post about my graduation from university, with a Bachelors of Science in Food, Nutrition and Health! I'm very proud of myself and it was such a big day for me.
My graduation was on May 22, which is the same date as my Dad's birthday! I can't be happier because for all these years, my dad had been so supportive of me and my studies. I wanted to give him a memorable day! My boyfriend's family also came to my graduation. After the ceremony, we took a lot of photos until we were so exhausted haha. Afterwards, we all went for Japanese BBQ for my dad's birthday dinner!
Along with my graduation, my style has also graduated to a more mature side. Since this summer, I can say for certain that the over-the-top gyaru style is not for me anymore. Sure I still love all the crazy substyles and unique fashion pieces -- but just not on me. I see myself leaning towards more basic pieces and simple designs. I still love to dress up and if anything, I like the clean, sophisticated and glamourous onee style. But sometimes, I'm not sure if I can still call myself gal anymore because another big decision I made is to retire circle lenses. I've decided to take care of my eye health, as it is not the best. Nowadays, I prefer not to wear circle lenses because of how uncomfortable it makes my eyes feel. I only wear 1-day disposable lenses from Acuvue with very minimal enlargement and design. As a result, my eye makeup has also toned down. I'll still do gal makeup whenever I can but without circle lens, it'll look weird if I don't use more natural lashes. On regular days if I'm not in my glasses, I will only wear upper lashes. If I'm going out or to a party, I will wear top and bottom lashes. But overall, I'm switching to less dramatic lashes to match my "natural" eyes.
With all the changes, I feel a little different but I like how I've changed. Makeup-wise, I got a greater appreciation for what I was born with. I can't deny that heavy makeup (ie. circle lens + dramatic lashes) looks really pretty but at the same time, I look like a completely different person that it feels like an illusion. I don't want to mask what I really look like underneath. I don't like the odd feeling of wiping layers of makeup to see a different face underneath. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to wear circle lens anymore, not just because of eye health, but also because it makes me look so different.

And with that, I have decided to sell some of my gyaru clothes (liz lisa, mars, dia, yumetenbo etc.) and dramatic eyelashes I won't wear anymore. I will make a sales post for that once I get home to Vancouver.

That's all for this post! I hope I conveyed my feelings clearly in the latter half because it was something I've really thought over.

 Thanks for reading!
❤Catherine

31 comments:

  1. Ah, it was so interesting to read about your style change and the thoughts and feelings behind it! I was kind of relieved to know that you also felt discomfort with circle lenses. I'm the same way, which is why I only wear tiny lenses now (just like you.) I really like the silicone hydrogel lenses though! But the 1 day ones sound like they'd be even more comfy :3 I knew a girl who wore lenses every day (minimal enlargement, but still noticeable) and they were daily ones too.
    It's been awhile since I did gyaru, but I remember that feeling of looking totally different before and after makeup too. Have fun in Tokyo!

    And omg, our hair is soo long and gorgeous, I cannot take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Airi ^^
      Yeah I have naturally dry eyes but a recent visit to my optometrist said my eyes are getting drier to the point I don't feel it being dry anymore. Tbh I thought my eyes were doing okay but it's not. I've played around with CLs for many years now and I think it's time to move on. In my case, I need to get prescription for my 1-day lenses so it's a lot safer and regulated than ordering random CLs online. But I won't wear it often either, unless I'm going out.
      ps. I miss your gyaru style :p

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your graduation! I have to say, I love your gyaru style, but you look absolutely stunning in your graduation photos! It seems like a lot of people are starting to move away from the gyaru style to have a new simplistic style, which I think is pretty cool <3
    Have a great time in Tokyo~
    Minae ♥ Minaekei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      Yes it does seem like that, but I guess trends change and go just like us. But it's not to say I'm leaving gyaru! Definitely still inspired. I just want to make it work for me, especially now that I don't wear CLs anymore ^^

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation!! What a big and exciting achievement. :) You looked beyond gorgeous that day! And I love your new style, beautiful either way. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!!! You're a sweetheart <3

      Delete
  4. So happy of this post of yours~ Congrats for everything you've achieved so far, cutie~ Also, you made a great choice being YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support :) It's a little scary and weird to change but I'm ready to move forward!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your graduation! :) Your makeup is always so nice, gyaru or not! :)
    Junniku blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are soooo pretty~! And congratulations on graduating~^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for your gradutation!
    You were really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you <3 Congrats to you and your family!
    You look so goooood I'm so jealous of you hair omg! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babeee
      Haha I need to cut it soon!! It got so long before I knew it :O

      Delete
  9. Congrats! You looks stunning as always <3
    I feel the same about massive overthetop-styling! I wear Gyaru or Lolita style just for meet-ups and partys further, circle lenses hurt my eyes too & I wear them only few times per year.
    Greetings, Victoria <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! I think it's fun to dress up and especially for fashion events ^^ And I'm glad I'm not the only one! Circle lens look pretty but I don't think I can handle it anymore xD

      Delete
  10. Congrats on graduating twinnie, I'm so proud of you! <3
    You looked stunning as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks twinnie :) I hope to see you soon!!!!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your graduation! And I can't be happier for you as well on the change! I used to have layers and layers of makeup and lashes too with over the top gal outfits and circle lenses every single time I step out of my house but now, the same as you (as age comes )=) I've been wearing only 1 day disposable lenses with a lot less make up (eyelash extensions are a savior!) - made me feel like a totally changed person! Wishing you all the luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3
      Yeah I think after years of doing the same style, it gets kind of old. I would invest in eyelash extensions if I have the money xD but I get what you mean! Years ago I wouldn't imagine wanting smaller diameter lenses but now I really enjoy it!

      Delete
  12. wow congrats on your graduation .i love the way you choose onee style like now. :)
    age wise,i totally agree with you.i do feel the same too after finish college.my stile get more toned done.see .there's time in life we're over smth that we crazed for years but as long as it lead you to a better ,aad mature way,why not try different style,like now (onee style)
    After all what is important is,we should never stop our self to grow especially learning new make -up techniques and sharpen make up skill! hehe!

    goodluck for your career anyway :)

    www.petitediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!
      You have a great point there :D I am grateful where my previous style led me to. And so true with new makeup techniques! I've been trying new ways to make my makeup look better without making it seem overwhelming. New challenge accepted XD

      Delete
  13. Congrats on graduating! Have you considered Sincere Fairy Princess daily lenses? These also have a 14,2mm diameter. I think they would look nice on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation! I want to look into more daily lenses too ^^

      Delete
  14. ahhh I feel like that's the happs with many of us gals QAQ

    I personally still love the OTT look, I'm just too lazy to do it and it's not realistic for work :/
    I still maintain long gal nails though, so that perks things up a little bit when I do dress up more.

    Some of the more alternative gal type clothes are of a little lower quality and sometimes appear rather tacky. Since working, it's become harder and harder to accept those kinds of clothes which rule out all but the overly expensive pieces like Jesus diamante :/

    Hard life haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I would definitely go for OTT style if its for a fashion event. And I agree with you so much, when it's too OTT, it can look tacky. Nails are such a good touch to making the look more polished. But I've been doing gel for so long my nails were getting so thin :( Need few months to recover

      Delete
  15. Congrats honey! You looked beautiful \(^o^)/ Your after dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...