Friday, December 4, 2015

♡♡♡Tokyo 2015♡♡♡ Day 1 & 2: Tsukiji Market, Sensoji Temple, Tokyo Skytree

Late summer of August, my parents and I went to Tokyo for a week! It was my first time in Tokyo but not for my parents. After I left for uni, they've been having many small trips around Asia without me lol. But because of that, my dad is like the best tour guide! The three of us was just shopping, sightseeing and mostly eating XD my type of vacation!

We arrived in the afternoon so we were in a hunt for some awesome dinner! After checking-in at Dormy Inn near Shinuya, we went to a crab specialized restaurant.
Ermagad! My hotel was so close to 109! My first time and first picture T^T I'm finally here!!!
Fresh crab sashimi
Cooked crab
BBQ crab
Hot pot crab
Dessert ♥
The next day, we went off to explore!
Early in the morning, we went to the famous Tsukiji fish market for the most fresh premium sushi offered. Needless to say, it tasted too good for breakfast. The sushi restaurants only open until noon but don't be surprised if there isn't a line up already. Its recommended to trust the chef and ask for omakase but lol I know what I want/don't want so I did a-la-cart. Fresh seafood is the best kind of seafood! After the meal, we walked around the market for more street food.
Straight from the chef!
Grilled giant scallop with crab tomalley
Afterwards, we went to Sensoji temple in Asakusa. Despite being the oldest temple in Japan, it was so well kept. There was also many shops selling cute souvenirs and street food. Lots of fun things to see here, great for tourists like me :)
Cherry blossom filling ♥ 
McDonalds doing it right
We then walked our way to the Tokyo Skytree in Sumida! It was such a nice day ^^ Much newer than the Tokyo Tower, the Skytree is the tallest building in Japan. At the base of the Skytree was a giant mall specializing in gifts and quirky things. We decided to see the skyline at night and it was the best decision ever! It was so pretty like a lake of stars *-* Afterwards, we went to find a nice wagyu restaraunt. Man that was seriously the best meat I've had in a while.. so yummmyyy
Pretty darn happy seeing this giant poster xD
skyline 
What's for dinner? Unagi?
Udon?
Intense marble of wagyu won us over omg!
Yassss dinner was so good!
And that concludes the first two days! There's so many things to do in Tokyo I'm glad we got to go to as many tourist attractions we could fit in the day. I didn't buy a lot yet because I was planning to save as much money until I visit 109 on my last day (crazy shopping!). Anyway, I'm happy to finally share these pictures.

Read more:
♡♡♡Tokyo 2015♡♡♡ Day 1 & 2: Tsukiji Market, Sensoji Temple, Tokyo Skytree
♡♡♡Tokyo 2015♡♡♡ Day 3 & 4: Kawagoe, Edo-Tokyo Museum, Akihabara
♡♡♡Tokyo 2015♡♡♡ Day 5: Yokohama Ramen Museum, Cup Noodle Museum
♡♡♡Tokyo 2015♡♡♡ Day 6 & 7: Shibuya 109, Harajuku Takeshita-dori

Thanks for reading!
❤Catherine

18 comments:

  1. All the food looks amazing! I also love Yowamushi Pedal haha. I'm not quite done the first season yet but it's really good so far. We should go shopping in Japan together one day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It taste even better *^*
      I've finished watching it and it's really good!!! Loved it :D

      Delete
  2. The skyline pictures are so gorgeous! And make sure to share a Shibuya 109 haul :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! Yeah it was so romantic! And such a clear night too <3

      Delete
  3. Oh yum~ everything looks so tasty ♡ I'm so jealous that you got to visit Japan ans the famous tsukiji fish market.

    Looking forward to reading your next Japan posts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to wake up really early but I'm glad we went! Great sushi experience!
      Thank you ^^

      Delete
  4. Ughhh~~ Your post makes me miss Japan and its food there ><"!
    Amazing photos and hope you had a lovely time in Japan!!!

    -lazypandah
    BLOG: http://miss-sennnaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm missing the food too!!! D:

      Delete
  5. Omg, I was in Tokyo in August for 2 weeks! I bought so many clothes...I intentionally brought only like 2 full outfits because I knew I was going to fill it up really quick xD Ghost of Harlem moved their store to 109, & I got a lot of stuff from Liz Lisa that was sold out online <3 I've never been inside Skytree...but one day...!!! I went to Disney Sea though, it was magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha xD shopping was awesome! I had such a big "carryon" bag when I left lol. The skytree was so pretty, the mall was also really interesting too! Theres a Calbee restaurant in there xD I really want to go to Disneyland!!

      Delete
  6. aw this post makes me miss japan so much as i also went there for the first time last july!i miss everything esp shibuya 109 T__T
    i even think i want to work there so that i can atleast window shopping everyday lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea!! Best department store.. could buy everything in there!
      Lol being a shopstaff would be fun xD dress up everyday!

      Delete
  7. Ah the food looks so good! *3* Especially that crab! I wish I liked seafood... But it looks tasty regardless.

    I'm so jealous you went to Tokyo! I want to go ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reallly liked the crab sashimi <3 soo good
      Goooo! Theres so many things to buy, places to visit and foods to eat!

      Delete
  8. such yummy looking food!!! Can't wait to go back and eat all the yummy food! Especially yakiniku!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun!!!
      I love taking food pictures, love to savour that memory :)

      Delete
  9. Omg that carrot bathXDD LOL
    You took so many lovely pics^^ And what was the name of your hotel? It's so close to 109 omg*_*
    Also, I was in Tokyo 3 times and never visited Tokyo Skytree!! I don't know why:( I went to Tokyo Tower twice though lol go figureXD
    Waiting for your next Japan post!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it was cute! xD
      we stayed at Dormy Inn. It's in between Harajuku and Shibuya, very convenient! Cosy hotel, they serve complimentary breakfast and late night ramen too!
      Aw next time i wanna go to tokyo tower~!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...