This year was pretty exciting I guess. I went to many places, my style changed and achieved some new experiences, milestones, etc. But a new year always feels uneasy for me; like a reminder that time is always moving forward, changes are bound to happen and everyone gets older by the year. What's done is done. Nevertheless, I want to write my new years resolution for things I want to achieve by the end of 2016. I tend not to make resolutions because I'm the type of person that lives in the present. It's kind of nerve-racking trying to expect the unexpected, so I tend to not think about it. The future is scary stuff. But I think it's about time I take control of what I want rather than let it all happen as it is. There's a lot of things I want to achieve by next year that I am honestly looking forward to it.
1) I want to exercise and have an active lifestyle. I may be skinny but in reality, I am so physically weak because of my sedentary lifestyle. I really want to tone up, lose body fat and build a strong body. I want to feel better and look even better.
2) I want to get a new job, get a car and move to a better place. All those years of education behind me, I want to finally get a stable job that is actually relevant to my passion and degree. I want to move closer in town and have my boyfriend to move in with me. I want to start establishing my own independent adult life.
3) I want to pass my final exam and become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. It is coming up this year and can't wait until I finish my program. I hear the final exam is super intense but I have faith in myself.
4) I want to take care of myself. I eat pretty healthy but I rarely restrict when it comes to snacks because I believe in indulgence. Eating something I love gives me so much joy but I tend to overdo it. So this year I want to learn moderation. Mindful eating is a lifestyle change. Another thing is to be strict on my skincare routine and try to dress nicely, everyday if I can. I want to look good for myself even on bad days, because the worse is to see yourself all tired and worn out with self neglect -- its really a downer. No despite whatever stress, I'm still going to look fab and ready to deal.
5) I want to be the better person. Sometimes I get really sensitive when I get triggered, and then I freak out. But when I think about it, it's because I get too worked up over small details that I fail to look at the bigger picture. This year I want to stay positive and try to see past little hurdles. I need to know that when my mind goes on rampage, I need to slow things down.
6) Lastly, I want to blog what and when I want. I feel like in the past years, blogging slowly became a chore because I was stressed on putting out posts and sponsored reviews when I didn't have the time. This year, I want to do whatever I want because I only enjoy blogging when I want to anyway. Plus I do have a lot of things to share so I really hope I get around it. But one thing for sure, I want to start blogging about nutrition and share my knowledge with you. As a nutrition student and soon-to-be nutritionist, there are so many soooooo mannnnyyy false information on the web, and that makes me really angry. I want to explain everything based on what I learned from my professors. Food is a vital part of life and everyone should spend some time to understand how nutrition can impact you. This is so important because I see so many people neglecting their health because lack of awareness, mis-information and desensitivity from today's ignorant food culture. The truth is, you can eat yourself to become stronger person or you can ignore what a blessing traditional medicine and modern science has given us and eat yourself to death. We need to take care of ourselves!
I hope to read back at the end of 2016 and proudly pat myself for achieving all my resolutions. I know if I push myself a little harder, I can definitely do it. But I want to thank all my readers who have supported me through these years. It's a little unbelievable that someone would be interested to read my thoughts. Seeing your clicks and comments makes me happy. Thank you!